- is the umbrella association for 24 national lupus self-help organisations from 22 member countries throughout Europe. This number is steadily growing over time.
- is a registered charity supporting people with lupus in Europe.
- raises lupus awareness at conventions and meetings throughout Europe.
- is YOUR competent contact for all information you may need about lupus at a European level.
A fulfilling life
for all people with lupus in Europe
until we have reached a world without lupus
To make lupus a well-known illness throughout Europe and, in partnership with the medical profession, secure high quality standards of treatment and support for people with lupus, their families and their carers. To encourage and support the health and social systems of member countries, to allow people with lupus to live independent lives and be recognised as equal members of society.
OUR CORE VALUES
Transparency – Democracy – Independence – Impartiality – Vitality
OUR STRATEGIC PLAN
LUPUS EUROPE has an organisational framework from 1st November 2012 – 31st October 2017.
For the five year duration of the Strategic plan LUPUS EUROPE will concentrate on the following 3 strategic objectives:
1. PEOPLE WITH LUPUS in Europe participate in, and benefit from, lupus research
2. MEMBER ORGANISATIONS are enthusiastic and empowered
3. LUPUS EUROPE is heard and acting
OUR CODE OF CONDUCT
LUPUS EUROPE will apply the EFPIA Code of Good Practice on relationships between the pharmaceutical industry and patients’ organisations in relation to any funding received from the pharmaceutical industry whilst also building in the above principles.
A global overview on Lupus Europe and our member organisations can be found in our Register.
Lupus Europe is a UK registered Charity, registered under number 803768
You can contact us here
LUPUS EUROPE represents National Lupus Patient Organisations throughout Europe. For a list of our members, please click here